Yay! I won the Liebster Blog Award :) Thank you, Love is an Action: Beloved: Now, if you are wondering what this award is, let me tell in a minute ... how lovely its been to know lizzie http://lizzieforcompassion.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/beloved.html from compassion and how she has been in contact with me when I was a newbie to Our compassion . Her support to me has been amazing . I am never without Gods love to me and how children have come to me through compassion and through Gods Guidance I have taken on this fantastic journey . Although be it not without worry like you do for your own children . I have 21 correspondent children and 7 financially supported children from different areas of the globe .
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I love music and absolutely love hearing new styles of music ....My favourite bands and artists are We were Evergreen , The green children, Brooke Sharkey, Leddra chapman , Lewis mokler, Jack savoretti, Katy watts, Fred's House who are a local band to me from Cambridge in the UK .
2. I admire the work compassion do for all the children within there different countries and searching for people out there to be part of the lives of others
3 I would love to one day go and meet my sponsored children and hope that my first trip will be Bolivia or Brazil . I have one sponsored little girl in Bolivia and one sponsor in brazil equally I have a correspondent in both of these countries.
4. I have and illness at the moment that restricts me from going abroad and meeting my sponsors which I hope will gradually get better. I suffer from M.E and other conditions social disorder and when embarking on something new it creates neurological symptoms which causes a type of dystonia. I pray the lord will heal me from this disorder and he reached out for me to help others.
5. I love Blogging and getting to know about what other people do for others around the world and would love to travel the world and help children in different countries. For now I will continue to support compassion , love mercy Uganda .
6. I have grown a passion for art just recently and my husband has bought some watercolours to start me off. It will be one thing I can do to express myself through art. I may use this as a way of healing
7. I look at children waiting for sponsors a lot on Compassion.as it helps me to know if there is another child I would like sponsor then I know they have found a sponsor . I have to say I suffer from what another compassion sponsor has which is sponsoritus a condition that wont let me stop looking. Ha Ha Ha its true. I think its catching to because lizzie has it also.
8. As you tell I love writing letters , I had a pen pal when I was younger teen from France . Now I write to all over the world and I hope and pray that god will provide me with more children to connect with across the globe that would be so wonderful.
9.Because I spend so much time at home much of my day is filled with letter writing, blogging, face book and other means of communication. It is so much easier to talk to people from all over the world
10. I really love my family they are amazing, I have 4 children of my own who I adore. I have three girls and one boy.
11. I love the Film Mary and Martha , another thing that led me to what I am doing now . Please look up the film
11 Questions with answers
1. Describe yourself in eight words or less.
Kind hearted , thoughtful , honest, A friend forever,
2. If you were having a dinner party and could invite anyone you like from the pages of history, who would they be and why? Ugh. Aung san suu kyi award winner of Nobel Peace Prize, International Simón Bolívar Prize, Congressional Gold Medal, Presidential Medal of Freedom, Sakharov Prize, Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding, Thorolf Rafto Memorial Prize, Bhagwan Mahavir World Peace, Olof Palme Prize, Wallenberg Medal, Freedom of Dublin City I think it would be amazing to meet her as I admire her for having such strength in all she does to keep peace.
3. Favorite activity?
My favourite activity is writing , social networking , and being with my family and writing to my extended compassion family
4. Who has had the most impact on your life and why?
That's a difficult question for me as there are many people that have played a part in one way or another: My Husband who continues to support me over the years we have been together since we were 14. For his love and admiration to me and for is friendship and love for 30 years .
For a friend Natalie Hawes who made me think differently about life after her death after her fight with leukaemia. She made me think never to not tell people how you feel about them as its important to tell them. when they are gone they don't know.
For a friend Polly I have had since I was 17 who has been a special person in my life like a sister and very good with guidance and her wonderful friendship.
5. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Wow I'm unsure I think I have had many comments that have been lovely over the years but one thing I remember is whilst I didn't like myself as a person. My friend who passed away whilst in my teens, Natalie Hawes told her mum "she wanted to be like me" That was something through my childhood I had never expected someone to say as I had a low opinion of myself as a child. I thank all the lovely people around the world and Lizzie for the lovely words she has passed to me. My Friend Polly for the many words that have been exchanged over the years. Also whilst in hospital even though I struggled I was always amazed by the exchange of kind words said to me there from Katherine Howarth a young girl Struggling with illness. Also caring words recently of staff from the London Hospital and the wonderful words of support. For my very own doctor who has supported me with kind words from a professional prospective during my illness. For my husband who should really be first in the thought about compliments who never fails to compliment everyday since we have been together.
6. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?:)
Being a good person and being true and honest to others in my life and loving others and being a happy person and someone to remember. I would want to be loved by god forever
7. What would you do with a million dollars?
I would love to donate some money to compassion to help some of the areas where my sponsored children are. Also help pay for specialist costs for my sponsored child Elerandro to have speech therapy and see a child psychologist so he is able to speak. Attend to my sons needs and help with his special needs. Go out to an orphanage and give clothes and essentials. I would love to build a village in Africa with a school and homes with proper sanitation.
8. Your favourite memory?
Starting with memory's of dancing with my mum when I was a child . Getting married to my school sweetheart and then having a family together.
9. If you could be anyone for a day, who would you be and why? I would like to be a film star so I had money to give to others that are needy
10. Who is the most important person in your life? My parents :
My husband and my children and extended family across the world and friends and my love for god
11. Jesus is... Love and giving in the richness of his love
11 Questions for the Award-ees 1. Describe yourself in 8 words or less.
2. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
3. Who has had the most impact on your life and why?
4. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be and why?
5. What is your favourite TV show (or movie) and why?
6. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
7. What is your most memorable letter you have ever received?
8. Who is the most important person in your life?
9. What would you do with a million dollars?
10. What is your favourite memory?
11. What is the most encouraging thing that you have ever been told and have you shared it with others?
First and foremost my award goes to
Love is an Action: Beloved
Because of Shamim
My Sponsored Children and Writing Friends
Our Compassion Adventure
Passionate for Compassion
Bless all the children of compassion