Thursday 18 April 2013

Releasing children from Poverty

Now first i need to mention my dire situation today when i tried to log into my blog and lone behold , I couldnt do it , i tried many passwords and tried also starting again, No luck for me until my patience was frazzled. I had heard of Compassion a long time ago but hadnt had the money to really help others to the degree of difference now . I have been unwell for a long time now and at home doing very little but always wanting to do more . God reached into my heart and soul and guided on the road to help others. Now i feel less worthless at home and unable to do anything . For £21.00 pounds you are able to assist the difference of a child in poverty. Compassion cover many different countrys but all sharing a familiar issue poverty.
http://www.compassionuk.org/.
On looking at all the photos on the compassion website my heart melted and i was aware of the many children in need even though i knew in the world there was so much poverty.
My journey was also helped by seeing a film called Mary and Martha. A tale of two mothers worlds apart brought together by tragic Circumstances. Based on a true life story to a degree. Both parents in the film shared a common interest they had both lost there sons to the plight of Malaria a common problem in the 3rd world .In the film one little boy was bullied at school and his mother decided to take him on an adventure of a life time. In between this a young man goes of to africa to help young children. His time there has a huge impact on the lives of the children he taught. One thing his heart was bigger than he thought. Whilst on this his quest he gave away his malaria tablets to the children that didnt have them. The other child contracted malria and died. By a set of circumstances the mothers are brought together to fight for a cause called http://malarianomore.org.uk/. Something to look at if your intersted in this cause http://malarianomore.org.uk/themes/fashion/jack-wills
This story gripped me into thinking what can i do ? what can one women stuck at home do ? whilst at home i love to listen to music and i was inspired by the The Green Children are a musical duo wo write and self produce there music. The musical genuis of the two, Milla Sunde and Marlow bevan established The green Children Foundation, supporting microcredit, education and healthcare . During the year of 2006 The green children as shown on my blog shot a fantastic video in bangladesh in celebration of nobel peace prize winner Muhammad Yunus the founder of the Graeman Bank and the ulitmate man of microcredit "n December 2006, The Green Children released a fundraising CD/DVD entitled Hear Me Now throughout Norway. Through sales and donations from around the world they raised $400,000 for one of the first eye hospitals in rural Bangladesh. The hospital was opened on 12 May 2008 by The Green Children and Professor Muhammad Yunus, the 2006 Muhammad Yunus  winner.Yunus initiated this project with Grameen to save the sight of many of his countrymen and women." wikipedia reports. I have great admiration for there help in the money they raised . One of the many reasons i listen to there music and share there passion.

My other passion in music has lead me to a parisean trio called We were evergreen..by watching there first video i had seen on you tube called Second hand. This trio a real vibrant and multi tasking musical gems. Introduced me to Toms the footwear that when you buy a pair of shoes another pair is given to a child. There video was fun and they are truly dynamic and wish there future in the music world to bloom and grow . After seeing a performance i was hooked.

A real set of circumstances with a knock on effect to where i am now with compassion now and how much this means to me to help minister children.
MADINA
 
My very first sponsored child and my new extended family to join the 4 children i have with my husband . We have 3 daughter and 1 son our children are 24,21,18 and our son is 11.
Madina was my first choice to sponsor with her braided hair and cute little looks and lives in Burkina faso. Madina is six years old and is a busy little girl and has home duties. Madina loves dolls and loves going to her bible classes . My first letter to her was an experience as she is the same age as my grandaughter . Her family live on very little a month and its unbeleiveable that that her and family have to live this way. My first letter to madina was sent on the 14.03.2013 and i look forward to recieving her first letter. I will update on her progress when i recieve a letter . Compassion have been wonderful in sending me two photographs one recent and the other her previos photograph before i was her sponsor .

 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment